ROYAL CANIN PRESCRIPTION DIET CAT WET FOOD RENAL WITH CHICKEN (FELINE)
It is recommended that a veterinarian's opinion be sought before and during the use of this product in order to determine the needs of your cat.
- Formulation to support renal function in case of chronic kidney disease
- Contain EPA and DHA, a complex of antioxidants and a low phosphorus level. During CKD, phosphorus is no longer eliminated effectively by the kidneys. A restriction in phosphorus intake is essential to slow down the development of renal disease, Feeding a diet with an adapted fish oil (source EPA/DHA) content may help to improve the glomerular filtration rate
- Increased kidney workload may induce uraemic crisis. An adapted content of high quality protein helps reduce kidney workload. Feeding protein well in excess of the minimum requirements leads to the generation of nitrogen waste products, which accumulate in the body fluids when renal excretory capacities are reduced
- Chronic kidney disease can lead to metabolic acidosis and these diets are formulated with alkalinizing agents. The kidneys are central to the maintenance of acid base balance. As renal function declines, the capacity to excrete hydrogen ions and reabsorb bicarbonate ions is reduced and metabolic acidosis ensues
- The specifically designed aromatic profile helps meet the pet’s specific preference. Appetite issues including food aversion, anorexia and hyporexia, are common in pet’s with CKD
- This diet is prescribed for a 6 month minimum period, at the end of which a veterinary check –up must be performed.
- This diet can be maintained for the cat’s lifetime